Friday, August 19, 2011

It's Friday It's Friday



What a week! All I can say is TGIF. I have been so busy lately I haven't even had time even open my new September issues and just sit and enjoy this awesome weather we've been having in Vancouver. This past Tuesday I volunteered at the Mercedes-Benz Start Up Program Fashion Show.  It was one of the biggest event's I've ever gotten a chance to be a part of. I was backstage the entire show. There was 5 of us Dressers, meaning it was our job to ensure 18 models were changed into their 2-3 looks for the whole show...if something doesn't go out, it's our fault. I was responsible for dressing 8/10 models. It was quite a show though, I loved the 5 Canadian designers participating in the show. Though all the designers we're incredible, I must admit one stood out especially to me. Adame Taubenfligel is the designer of Triachry this brand specializes in denim, but the inspiration and creation of the brand was so cool and fresh to me. Adam told me backstage at the show while we were chatting that the company is very much a family business. His brother designs custom motorcycles which then Adam then draws up inspiration for his clothes, and his sister is the fit model,stylist, and face of the company. Made for a the edgier fashion conscious young men and women, the looks were very sophisticated touched with the biker-glam. His collections showed off a darker denim for fall with a few coloured denim as well that combined his recognizable T stitched to the back pockets of the jeans. I fell in love with this leather jacket he designed, which the model I was dressing wore. His designs to me were so fun and modern and I have high hopes for this up-and-coming designer. Best of luck to him and Cassie Dee (who's trendy designs I also just adored), the two winners of the night heading to Toronto!
                  Happy Friday Everyone! JC

Photo from Mecedes-Benz Facebook- I dressed this model..isnt that leather jacket beautiful!









Photo credited from the Triarchy website

No comments:

Post a Comment