I'll be home for Christmas.
I have attempted baking. It has been a trial and error attempt to be honest. But I just happened to make some yummy ginger snaps. Well they taste good, I don't know how nicely decorated they are. Anyway here is the recipe if you want to give it a go!
Perfect Gingerbread Cookies
Makes 24 Cookies
What You Need:
- 2-3/4 cups pastry flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup non-hydrogenated margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1-1/2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons soymilk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
What You Do:
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees and grease a cookie sheet.
- In a bowl, combine pastry flour, baking powder, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, and salt. In a large bowl, whisk together margarine, molasses, and brown sugar together until smooth. Add soymilk and vanilla and whisk thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and mix with spatula to form a dough. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Roll out dough onto a floured board, 1/8- to 1/4-inch thick, depending on desired texture (thinner cookies will be crispier, thicker cookies will be chewier). Cut into shapes with cookie cutters and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Go crazy with frosting and decorations! JC