Tuesday, December 27, 2011

OAK + FORT






OAK + FORT

Being home for the Holidays I got a chance to go to one of my favourite stores..even though it's in Vancouver too. OAK + FORT, is one of those fashionable stores that you NEED to go to. If you are living in Vancouver, or Edmonton I would add it to your stops on your next shopping trip. A old sister store hidden away in Edmonton in a upstairs loft on Whyte Avenue in Edmonton called Loft 82 is another one of my favourites. If you haven't found your NYE dress check it out. Both stores are affordable, and with quality and originality you can't exactly go wrong. You can shop online too, so if you are far away you can still get a bit from them.

What I like about OAK + FORT is the originality **omg and then comfort of the clothing. The dedicated combination of art, antique, fashion, and exploration really brings out a contemporary retail vibe to fashion. Also, coming from Edmonton I have to have respect for the store name because the FORT actually comes from Fort Edmonton Park, one of my favourite places as a kid and apparently store owner, Min Kang as well.  Kang opened O + F in Vancouver and recently brought it to Edmonton - thank-god because with Dairy Queen on one corner and Red Kilt on the other I'm beginning to lose faith in the originality of the once so proud and original Whyte Avenue. I keep spreading the word about this store n' I won't be stopping anytime soon. I think this company will be the next big thing, so watch yo' back Aritzia (even though I love you), OAK + FORT is on the rise. JC







No comments:

Post a Comment